Thank you so much for your interest in auditioning for Maricopa Community Theatre! We look forward to having you onstage with us!
Maricopa Community Theatre Season of Shows
This is a tentative list of shows and show dates. All are subject to change.
Season Auditions – June 17, 18, 20
- Season Auditions will be held for ALL Teen and Main Stage Productions on these dates. The Children’s Theatre production will have separate auditions with the class. If you would like to be in one of these productions, you will need to book an audition appointment on June 17 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., June 18 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. or Saturday June 20 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Please prepare to present two contrasting monologues and 32 bars of a musical song if auditioning for the musical.
SUMMER CAMP- Students ages 8-18- Annie, Jr. (Musical) [Directed by Cynthia Calhoun, Musical Director: Colleen Corliss, Choreographer: Carrie Vargas]
- Camp begins June 15
- Performances July 23, 24 & 25
- Cost is $85
- Registration begins Monday, May 11.
- Class limit of 85 students
- Several characters of varying ages available
Fall Main stage Production – Last of the Red-Hot Lovers (Play) [Directed by Tim Avent and A.D./Producer Carl Diedrich]
- Performances August 27-29
- Possible Revival at Province?
- 1 man, 3 women: Adult Cast
- Barney Cashman, a middle-aged, married nebbish wants to join the sexual revolution before it is too late. A gentle soul with no experience in adultery, he fails in each of three seductions:
- Elaine Navazio, a sexpot who likes cigarettes, whiskey, and other women’s husbands;
- Bobbi Michele, an actress friend who he discovers is madder than a hatter; and
- Jeannette Fisher, his wife’s best friend, a staunch moralist.
Teen Production- The Secret Garden (Play) [Directed by Carrie Vargas and A.D. Kaytlyn Kessler]
- Performances October 1, 2, 3
- 3 f, 4 m, 1 either (8-10 actors possible: 3-4 f, 4-7 m)
Winter Main Stage Production- The Snow Queen (Musical) [Directed by Carrie Vargas Musical Director TBD]
- Performances December 3, 4, 5
- Main Characters: Gerda, Kai &The Snow Queen
- An additional 6 to 20 actors needed for other roles- Teens and Adults welcome
Late Winter Main Stage Production- Blithe Spirit (Play) [Directed by David Vargas]
- Performances February 25-27 -or- March 3-5
- 2 M, 5 W- Predominately Adult Cast
- EDITH – a maid
- RUTH – Charles’ current wife
- CHARLES – husband to Ruth and, before her passing, to Elvira
- MADAME ARCATI – a medium
- ELVIRA – Charles’ late wife
Spring Children’s Theatre Production- Beauty IS a Beast (play with music) [Directed by Carrie Vargas, A.D. Kaytlin Bovey]
- Performance May 5-7. Class will begin in March
- PRINCESS Beauty: (f) A spoiled princess who learns a lesson
- HONOR: (f) Beauty’s kind sister
- NICK: (m) A young strong peasant who meets Beauty
- FAIRY: (f) Beauty’s fairy godmother
- ANDRES: (m) A blind prince from a neighboring kingdom
- *JANIE: (f) Nick’s sister
- SCRIBE: (m/f) A royal servant
- KING (or QUEEN): (m/f) Beauty and Honor’s father (or mother)
- *TUTOR: (m/f) Beauty’s tutor who has trouble tutoring her
- *GUARD: (m/f) A guard who makes Beauty’s life difficult
- *NICK’s brothers and sisters: PETER, PATTY, CINDY, JIMMY, SAM, and MANDY
- *PEASANTS with speaking roles: JILL, MEG, MAY, MARY, SARAH, TIM, JO, MOLLY, JOHN, SALLY, LADY
- There are also numerous non-speaking parts: GUARDS, PEASANTS, PARTYGOERS, SERVANTS, CHILDREN
*Parts that can be doubled. This play can be performed with as few as 15 actors or with as many as desired.
Summer Main Stage Production- Next to Normal (Musical) [Directed by Cynthia Calhoun, A.D. Mandi Ware]
- Performances June 16-18
- DAN Diana’s husband. He is handsome and genuine. Though a constant in Diana’s tumultuous life, he has grown tired and weary of her antics. Male, 40-45 yrs old Range: Ab2 – B4
- DIANA Delusional, bipolar, and depressed. The sexiness of her yesterdays has only recently begun to soften. She is determined to make her family perfect but is tortured by a death in the family. Female, 40-45 yrs old Range: G3 – F#5
- MADDEN Diana’s handsome psychiatrist. Quite assured in his practice and considered somewhat of a rock star. Male, 30-40 yrs old Range: A2 – A4
- GABE Diana & Dan’s son. Dashing, athletic, and bright. He is a playful man and everything a mother could imagine. Male, 18-21 yrs old Range: B2 – C5
- HENRY Natalie’s classmate. The all-around musician, philosopher, and slacker. He has an intoxicating capacity for sympathy and romance. Male, 17 yrs old Range: G#2 – B4
- NATALIE Diana & Dan’s troubled daughter. An accomplished pianist and hardworking student, her struggles are exacerbated by her mother’s behavior. She greatly admires Henry. Female, 16 yrs old Range: G3 – G5
There will be a camp next summer as well, but we do not have the show selected as it will be a show that falls under the next season.
Community Theatre Audition Form – This will need to be filled out for each production. There will be copies available at auditions, but feel free to print it out and fill it out before you come. Theatrical resumes are welcome and encouraged, and can replace the second page of the audition form. Headshots, or copies of head shots are welcome, especially if you are new to the MCT Family.